The award for ideas that are just too good to be forgotten.
Ideas are the sparks that fly when forward-looking thinkers put their heads together. Left to languish in a drawer, they have no chance of inspiring people – and no opportunity of making their mark on the world.
Our success relies on these ideas.
The motan innovation award aims to bring these ideas to light. As only then can they evolve into real products for use in the plastics industry. "mia" is awarded by the motan holding every two years.
„mia“ – the award
The swallow in flight represents high-flying ideas, a bird’s-eye perspective and a worldly outlook. It also symbolises exploring new territory and broadening horizons. Together, we’re creating a new framework for ongoing innovation. And you can play a key role.
The facts at a glance:
- PRIZE MONEY – 20,000 euros / The judges will decide how the money is divided between the finalists. The winners themselves are responsible for taxation of the price money.
- AWARD CEREMONY – At the FAKUMA in Friedrichshafen, Germany in autumn 2018
- DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS – 31 December 2017
- SHORTLIST ANNOUNCED – 31 March 2018 / The five best innovations will be shortlisted
- PRESENTATIONS – Summer 2018 / Creators of the five shortlisted entries will present their ideas to the judges.
- JUDGES – The jury consists of representatives from the motan Group and selected recognised experts from universities and institutes.
- ELIGIBILITY TO APPLY – All employees of the motan Group, individuals or project teams from plastics manufacturers or processors, students, and anyone who is interested in plastics and how they are used are eligible to enter.
- COSTS – The motan holding will cover the costs of travel and accommodation for the presentations and award ceremony.