Terms and conditions of participation
By submitting an application, all entrants accept the following terms and conditions.
- ELIGILITY TO ENTER: All employees of the motan Group, individuals or project teams from plastics manufacturers
and processors, students, and anyone who is interested in plastics and how they are used are eligible to enter.
- ENTRIES: Entrants must submit their own work only. All entrants declare that they will make truthful statements regarding their innovations and must confirm that their submissions do not infringe third-party rights, in particular intellectual property rights. Only complete applications will be accepted. The judges’ decision is final and cannot be legally challenged.
- SHORTLIST: The judges will select entries for the shortlist and decide how the prize money will be divided between winners.
- COST: Submitting an entry for the innovation award is free of charge. No expenses or incurred costs will be reimbursed. The motan holding will cover the costs of travel and accommodation for the presentations and
award ceremony. For staff of the motan Group, these costs shall be borne by the organisation or division by which they are employed.
- PUBLICATION: The innovation award winner and finalists are permitted to use the innovation award logo on their website and in all corporate materials and documentation. The winner and finalists will appear on the innovation award website and will be presented with their prizes at an award ceremony. The names of entrants, participating companies and a brief description of their innovations will be published for the award ceremony and any related media reports.
- LIABILITY: The award organiser shall not be liable for claims made by third parties with regard to submitted entries.
In particular, the organisers shall not be liable for any claims relating to infringements of intellectual property rights.
The organisers shall not be responsible for verifying whether submissions contravene the rights of third parties.
- COURT: The place of jurisdiction is Constance (Konstanz), Germany. German law applies.
By submitting an application, entrants agree to their personal data being stored and forwarded to third parties for the following purposes:
- Evaluation and assessment of entries by the judges, employees of the motan holding and external experts
- Publication of entrants’ names, the title of their entry and the abstract
- Inclusion of entrants on a distribution list that provides information, details of events and personal correspondence relating to the innovation award
- Forwarding of information submitted by finalists and prize winners to external service providers for the purpose of public relations
- Forwarding of documentation to partners and/or research institutes for feasibility checks and preliminary testing
Any information or material you submit that should not be used in any of the ways outlined above must be clearly marked to ensure it is treated with due confidentiality.